CSEA’s Capital Region will award a scholarship to a 2017 graduating high school senior who plans to attend an accredited institution of higher education in New York State. The scholarship will be for $750.00.
This scholarship has been established in Dan Campbell’s memory. For almost 30 years he worked as a Communications Associate in CSEA’s Capital Region 4 Office. Dan was popularly known as the “Spokesman” for his high profile in the Capital District as the voice of CSEA and working families. His commitment to unionism as well as his personal values and character made him a beloved figure who still touches the lives of all who knew him. He was truly someone who would rather light a candle than curse the darkness.
To be eligible, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A 2017 high school graduate.
- A parent or guardian who is a member of CSEA’s Capital Region
- Accepted to an accredited institution of higher education in NYS.
The applicant must submit a completed application form by May 10, 2017 to:
CSEA Capital Region
c/o Janet McKeon, Chair Education Committee
1 Lear Jet Lane, Suite 2
Latham NY 12110
Application must be accompanied by:
Note* If any of these items are missing, your application will not be considered.
- An official transcript and SAT scores.
- A short essay on the topic: Please choose a man or woman in Labor’s history and describe his/her impact on the present day labor movement.
- Please include acceptance letter from college/university which states your curriculum.
Name Address ____________________________________________________
City, State, Zip Phone ___________ ____________________________________
Parent or Guardian _______________________ _E-Mail _____ ______________
Parent’s Employer _________________________________________________
Parents Signature _________________________________________________
High School _____________________________________________________
Applicant’s Signature____ __ _________________________________________
Read more »